• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Torches, hammer and frogspawn oh no

all of a sudden my torches retracted then a couple days later the hammer and ovtospawm followed. Tested water of course and all is well.... my question is could they be unhappy from being in too clean of water? They have been fine for weeks now this. Phosphates unreadable and nitrate about 10? Any suggestions if nothing has recently changed as far as lighting and flow? how long couldnthey stay like this before meting and dying?

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
all of a sudden my torches retracted then a couple days later the hammer and ovtospawm followed. Tested water of course and all is well.... my question is could they be unhappy from being in too clean of water? They have been fine for weeks now this. Phosphates unreadable and nitrate about 10? Any suggestions if nothing has recently changed as far as lighting and flow? how long couldnthey stay like this before meting and dying?
I'm not sure. Never come across this. Hopefully someone has had this experience. I would try reaching out to one of our vendor/sponsors maybe they might have some ideas. Best of Luck! Keep us updated.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Possible, all corals can suffer from that

Also noticed I have some tiny strands of hair algae growing now, maybe that’s why phosphates are so low and could be bothering the corals ugh

Also noticed I have some tiny strands of hair algae growing now, maybe that’s why phosphates are so low and could be bothering the corals ugh
Hair algae is usually a sign of phosphates I thought. I am assuming these corals have been established in,the tank for some time and arent new additions.
But hammers frog spawn and,torches are all Euphyllia and as such all have the same vulnerablity.

Hair algae is usually a sign of phosphates I thought. I am assuming these corals have been established in,the tank for some time and arent new additions.
But hammers frog spawn and,torches are all Euphyllia and as such all have the same vulnerablity.
Yeah meaning the hair algae is consuming the phosphates that I do have ...one of the hammers is splitting from three to 4 heads so that may explain that but the others idk

All different times but the newest one like a month or more I think

Hmmm ... Any recent changes or additions to the tank think shortly be for they all started to act up. Think equipment fish coral inverts anything that came after the coral but shortly be for the,changes in,behavior

Hmmm ... Any recent changes or additions to the tank think shortly be for they all started to act up. Think equipment fish coral inverts anything that came after the coral but shortly be for the,changes in,behavior
Nope, actually the last torch was the last thing in.....equipment, flow, lighting schedule haven’t changed..... I don’t test for mag and stuff because I don’t keep sps but use coral pro salt and Do my water changes to replace those nutrients anyway.....Blasto just popped another head also so everything else is thriving smh

Weird.. I am at a loss my friend going down the list from the usual to the often over looked I can't think of a reason they could be acting up.
The only thing I can say is maybe your getting a false reading on a test or something in the water that you don't test for is off as a last resort is say do a triton test maybe it will reveal a hidden issue with the water and if not it was just nice full chemistry profile of your water

They are all like this give or take, one more one less .... never completely inside

Attachments

• 55E9B2B5-EE55-4F2E-843B-4BCF9B900588.jpeg
    55E9B2B5-EE55-4F2E-843B-4BCF9B900588.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10