• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Torches, hammer and frogspawn oh no

I just had my phosphates hit zero (not on purpose) and my euphyllia are doing that too
I think that’s what it is (hoping) and as the days go by I think all but that one and another could be splitting which could also make them retract.... just trying to weather the storm and hope nothing dies.... it’s quite the mystery

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think that’s what it is (hoping) and as the days go by I think all but that one and another could be splitting which could also make them retract.... just trying to weather the storm and hope nothing dies.... it’s quite the mystery
Good luck I hope they all come back

Just an update, dirtied the tank up a bit to try that, haven’t done a water change and broadcasted reef roids a little more than I was.... 1 frogspawn, torch and hammer completed their split and re opened and the others are also completely out and flowing fully in the current..... now to keep things stable at this dirtier level. Makes me think that it would be easier to run an sps only one day rather than a mixed reef I guess but I’m happy the euphylia are happy

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Glad to hear that. Mine are looking better too for the most part, I’m doing the same thing you are. I’m a little heart broken, I have this big translucent purple octospawn that I got at the feb meeting from OIA, and it looks like it might not make it.

Glad to hear that. Mine are looking better too for the most part, I’m doing the same thing you are. I’m a little heart broken, I have this big translucent purple octospawn that I got at the feb meeting from OIA, and it looks like it might not make it.
Good luck with it man, yeah I’m really happy, it’s crazy how attached I got to these stupid things lol