• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Trident vs. Alkatronic

For me personally I dont care about testing calcium and magnesium twice a day. If I were to get one I would get an alkatronic I like that its a standalone unit. The trident needs a new apex and 2 dos unit to dose the tank.

I like the trident.. you can just keep a closer eye on all things not just one even if your running a CaRx it’s still nice to see all numbers

You only need the DOS if you want the trident to control the dosing, not required. I really want it so I can keep on eye on the levels. If I need to deal with dosing then maybe I will add a single dos for CA/ALK. Magnesium should be easily managed with an AWC system.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I own a lot of apex products and I don’t trust them. Trident was rushed and not ready.
They can’t even handle the demand. I am sure they will have a problem with the refills.
It’s also very convenient for them to make the trident test all the time since they are also selling the re-agents. Imagine if Hanna checker made you test 4 times a day in order to keep the test accurate lol.

I own a lot of apex products and I don’t trust them. Trident was rushed and not ready.
They can’t even handle the demand. I am sure they will have a problem with the refills.
It’s also very convenient for them to make the trident test all the time since they are also selling the re-agents. Imagine if Hanna checker made you test 4 times a day in order to keep the test accurate lol.[/QUOTE

When something new comes out the supply never keeps up with the demand. That goes for anything new. The people I know who have it love it. They’re going to let certain manufacturers sell the reagents so that won’t become an issue.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
  1. That’s true for big markets. The aquarium Reefing community is tiny. I could buy a alkatronics from day one.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
By the way I plan on getting the trident as soon as I can get my hands on one . I am going to RAP this weekend with the hopes of buying one. Yes that does make me crazy.

By the way I plan on getting the trident as soon as I can get my hands on one . I am going to RAP this weekend with the hopes of buying one. Yes that does make me crazy.
Yeah I’m going to rap too they said the have some for sale but I’m sure everyone will be going there first to get it

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
  1. look at the kamoer pumps they’re on backorder the demand is crazy no one has one until sometime in July.. it happens
That is true but those kamoer pumps are used outside of the reef keeping community. But I do see your point