• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tristian's 160GaL Peninsula Build

Matt

If I did it again I would go longer and 2 inches wider. 32" wide and 6ft long for my tangs. I would keep basically the same rock scape but incorporate some islands 1 for anemonens and 1 for ZOA's only. The space at the sides give me room to clean and also space for sps to grow and plate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is it a full dose after 7 days or 1/2 the dose if I do a 50% water change.

For example I have a 55g QT so I'd do 4 1/4 teaspoons of crypto for 7 days. 50% water change, then would I do 4 1/4 teaspoons again or 2 1/8 teaspoons?

Fish Disease Treatment:*For small aquariums: Use*1/4 teaspoon per 10 gallons of water.* Treat every 24 hrs. with a 25% water change before each treatment.*

For large aquariums (above 50 gallons), ponds and central systems: Treat one time and leave in the water for 7 days.

Use 50 Grams per 800 gallons.

I did 14 days. I did 50% change on day 7 and retreated a full dose.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

All waiting for the display

eja9y9eb.jpg

agabevu8.jpg

a6e2yryh.jpg

ynu8esaj.jpg

a3yrahan.jpg

ezyvypep.jpg

vyru5eha.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been a while since I updated. Things have been progressing nicely. I'm still combating some dino flagellates but this is tapering out. I have also been combating consistently LOW ALK. I'm just finding it hard to raise safely. I'm using sea chem reefbuilder and dosing 1 teaspoon nightly. They reccomend 1/2 tsp per 40 gallons twice a week. For my 180/200 gallons total I decided to use much less and dose daily instead.

Phosphate 0.08ppm
Nitrate 0.4ppm (so bad I know)
Calcium - 420ppm
ALK - 8.10 dKH
Magnesium - 1500ppm

I don't test for Nitrite and I rarely test for other trace elements.
I'm targeting 450ppm for Calcium and 9-10 dKH for my Alk.

I'm dosing a mixture of marine snow, phyto, acro power,reef chilli, RedSea Reef Energy A & B. Mixed together 1 hour after lights out and all the polyps come out. I do this twice a week. I also run my refugium lights out for 2 days a week.

[video=youtube_share;3PWGflz_SD4]http://youtu.be/3PWGflz_SD4[/video]

[video=youtube;q4onlYH_a0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4onlYH_a0I[/video]

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
hey man, if you're not seeing and adverse effects on your SPS with those nitrates and phosphates. i wouldn't touch it.

everything looks awesome so far bro.