• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tropiquarium

It's worth the trip just to see the displays. I can't afford to shop there though. Can't blame the guy though cause he's in a prime area with a great big store, four displays and a decent amount of employees. Still worth the trip just to see the two giant tanks.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I always find some "must have" when I go in there. And they give NJRC a 10% discount to card toting club members. That alone pays for membership a few times a year!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with Phyl. I never walked out of there without a few corals.
Besides a NJRC discount, they also have another discount for having their frequent buyer card.

MikeM said:
I agree with Phyl. I never walked out of there without a few corals.
Besides a NJRC discount, they also have another discount for having their frequent buyer card.

Haha, and that discount adds up quickly. $5 back after every $100 is really not THAT bad.

i dont know if this is against forum rules or not since I AM associated with trop, so mods please delete if necessary. Trop is now selling frags from the 1600 gallon display at $20 each 2/$35. Every sps in the display has been fragged and is available (depending on availablity). Ask a rep (brent or austin) what is available if unsure. We are averaging (so far) 30+ frags a week from this tank...allowing grow-out time.
tricolor
purple nana
green and pink birdnest
blue tip stag
"fuzzy"
slimer
etc.
-austin

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the heads up Austin. I will be stopping in there today.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
been going there since the late 80s
super clean place
what more can i say that someone else hasn't said
anyway go there all the time

harlequinreef said:
i dont know if this is against forum rules or not since I AM associated with trop, so mods please delete if necessary. Trop is now selling frags from the 1600 gallon display at $20 each 2/$35. Every sps in the display has been fragged and is available (depending on availablity). Ask a rep (brent or austin) what is available if unsure. We are averaging (so far) 30+ frags a week from this tank...allowing grow-out time.
tricolor
purple nana
green and pink birdnest
blue tip stag
"fuzzy"
slimer
etc.
-austin

Hey, Austin -- do you have the Nana's out yet? Was in there the other day and they weren't ready.

harlequinreef said:
i moved two out on saturday, but they sell quick.

Do you guys ever get in any really nice zoos? I always see the average green ones there. I might just not look in the right place.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have done the majority of my fish shopping at Trop over the last year or so and highly recommend this place. They know everything about whatever piece of coral or fish you are looking at. Also, the pre-mixed salt water is a great time saver.

Nice store with a lot of stuff, but prices are high, although i have found out that the more you buy the more they cut you a break. I was there about 2 weeks ago and go some of the small frags that go for 19.99 each and ended up getting 4 for the price of 3. Its worth the trip to look at the big display tanks, not to mention the huge koi.