• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tropiquarium

Stopped in today to check out the place.

They are currently having a buy 1 coral get second at 50% off. Same with the fish - buy 1 fish get second at 50% off.

I haven't been to the store in a long time - I noticed the display tank now has a LOT of kenya trees. Still neat but would have been nice to have kept it all SPS.

The koi pond is a hit with the kids as usual. They even have this $.25 machine next to the tank to feed them. My kids really really enjoyed this. Of course ironically enough my neighbor two doors down as a huge koi pond in his backyard and my kids could probably feed his fish for free...lol.

There were a lot of interesting fish and lots of inverts available. I know cardinalfish are not popular but I was pleased to see two different shoaling species of cardinalfish (blue-eye and red spot) - though unfortunately they only had a few left of each. Still i thought about adding to my shoal.

I wish I took pics - but i was playing around at home with my dslr and left it. Oh well next time. If I were closer I'd definitely make more of a trip - especially since now I can hit the "other" place nearby also. Makes the cost of the gas a little bit more worthwhile.

Last time I was in there I also noticed the Kenya Tree Invasion . You hear how it can get out of control in our tanks . It must be almost impossible to contain in that large of a system . I wonder how long they will allow it to grow,its starting to take away from that amazing display .

Hawkeye said:
I haven't been to the store in a long time - I noticed the display tank now has a LOT of kenya trees. Still neat but would have been nice to have kept it all SPS.

qwik said:
Last time I was in there I also noticed the Kenya Tree Invasion . You hear how it can get out of control in our tanks . It must be almost impossible to contain in that large of a system . I wonder how long they will allow it to grow,its starting to take away from that amazing display .

SPS SNOBS! ;D

I still think one of the prettiest tanks I've had was my 55 that had mostly kenyas, anthelias and green star polyps!

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
blange3 said:
Hawkeye said:

qwik said:

SPS SNOBS! ;D

I still think one of the prettiest tanks I've had was my 55 that had mostly kenyas, anthelias and green star polyps!

You lps guys are all the same! ;D

Bob