• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tuning a calcium reactor

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey guys. Need some help and general tips here

I have cal rx I’m trying to dial in so that it doesn’t turn off.
Here is equipment :
Kameor pump set to 15 mls
Planeted aquarium manifold set to 3.5 psi
Reef octopus dual chamber cal rx
Media is arm extra coarse
Ph set to 6.80 to 6.87

D7C3DFCB-E8BB-46EB-A2C8-198E462F7D56.png

Slowly close your needle valve on your regulator till you get to like 6.85. I mean like turn it such a little bit that it barely turns let it sit for a few hours see where your ph goes. If it's still a little high do it again till you get where you want it. If your using a carbon doser turn down the bubbles per second. I use a dual stage regulator that I built, I have it tuned that it never turns off it hasn't shut off in 5 months when I switch out my co2 tank.

Last edited:

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Slowly close your needle valve on your regulator till you get to like 6.85. I mean like turn it such a little bit that it barely turns let it sit for a few hours see where your ph goes. If it's still a little high do it again till you get where you want it. If your using a carbon doser turn down the bubbles per second. I use a dual stage regulator that I built, I have it tuned that it never turns off it hasn't shut off in 5 months when I switch out my co2 tank.

couldnt say it better myself, it takes awhile to get it spot on.