• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ULN system questions?

C

charterreefer

I bought a Red Sea pro Nitrate test kit (the Salifert I was using wasn't very accurate < 1ppm) and am ready to start dosing NO3Po4-X. I checked my NO3 level with the new kit: No3 level is at .5 - .75ppm. I want to run it at the recommended .25ppm through dosing with NO3PO4x.

I wanted to ask the folks out there who run these ULN systems what kind of supplements you use to keep the sps corals looking good. Amino acids, color enhancers, etc. My system is quite low now (<1.0ppm) but I'm pretty sure once I get into the .25 region the coral will need supplements.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charterreefer

If nitrate is already less than 1 ppm no need to dose. What is your phosphate level at?
Haven't been able to get a reading on PO4. My cyano is almost gone so I'm hoping I can get get reading soon. It's been reading 0 for a long time since the cyano has been around.

I dose Aminos (Korallen-Zucht) only when things start to look faded. I only dose 3 drops in a 90 gallon as that stuff is strong definitely don't follow the label for that one.

Make sure your alk is on the low side for ULNS, I had an alk spike that wiped out a bunch of SPS . . . my fault :-( .