• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Unsung hogs ..

I am very new to the reef keeping world. So I make it a point to pore through the Net most of my evenings reading about the intriguing creatures and about the ways of preventing my steady stream of outflowing cash to culminate into an ammonia/phosphate rich, nutrient deficient tub of salt water.

I got myself some LPS yesterday: a moon, a fox and a pair of duncan polyps and have also had a few heads of candys for a little over a week now. The one thing common to these guys as opposed to my other softies is the presence of a prominent mouth in each of the polyps. I tried feeding them the only marine food I had [Marine Formula One pellet bla ... ] and was surprised to see their readiness in devouring the morsel.

I read an interesting article about coral feeding that other noobs like me might find useful. I would also very much like to know of other mixtures that resident reefers would have found successful. Lastly, if I decide to never keep any fish ever, what will happen to all the pods that keep swarming into the main tank from the refugium ?

Here's the link:
http://joejaworski.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/do-corals-eat-light/