• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Update on High School Tank

Tang & Clown Vertical.jpgA few months ago we had brown algae everywhere - IMAG0246.jpg

Then we worked through it and it looks better -IMG_0436.jpg

We added some new inhabitants and corals - 2 clowns.jpg

Gramma.jpg

Thanks so much to all the guys who helped us get to this point. We appreciate your generosity with information and inhabitants. The kids are proud of what we've done and many visitors are impressed when they see their work.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, big improvement from the "algae" pic. Great job! You and the kids should be proud. Glad to see some of my frags in that pic. :eagerness:

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, I figured some of them were just in places that I couldn't see in that pic. Would love to see some shots from different angles (and not just to see the frags that I donated... but just to see more). ;)

Hi,
Sorry about the delay. Just kept the water levels right, and cut down on hours of light for a while and they seemed to go away. The clean up crew was just some snails, carbs, and a sand star that was all over the place. As the brown dissappeared, there was a touch of green and now some coraline is beginning to take over. Looking better now, but that brown was a pain for about a month.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
All tanks need to go through those stages before being completely cycled Sam. Glad to hear the corraline is starting. That's a good sign.