• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Update on Tampa Bay Saltwater

I posted this for Manhattan Reefs too, but for those that don't follow it I'm repeating it here also. I thought I'd share my recent experience with this highly regarded vendor because some changes have been going on with him.

I have ordered the "package" from them previously and received everything promptly, generously and smoothly. They delivered what they promised and included lots of extras and nice quality display rock.

Last December my tank failed and I had to start over with a new setup. I once again ordered the "package" for my 66g DT. Part I (substrate and most of the rock) arrived promptly. I gave it 2 weeks to cycle (which I didn't need because I preserved my previous bio filter and it prevented any ammonia buildup.) Shortly after New Year I emailed to ask for Part II. It was then I found out Richard had been out for surgery and wouldn't be diving again for several months. He emailed me and promised to keep me up to date. After a couple of weeks, I couldn't stand looking at the algae buildup so I purchases a CUC from another vendor. My lawnmower blenny is fat and happy now!

Last week after a month of not hearing anything I emailed Richard and his partner Dan to see if I could get an estimate. Richard suggested that he refund the cost of what he didn't send me and I said that was fine. It has not yet been credited to my card.

I just heard from Dan who informed me the he purchased the company from Richard on Dec. 26, but the sale is tied up in court and not finalized. Richard was to repay all the incomplete orders, but my own experience shows that has not yet been done.

I look forward to the day that Dan has the company up and running, because I love their product, but I caution any here to proceed with caution until their legal matters are cleared up.