• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Upgrade, 75 gallon reef

Thanks fro the complement. Just give it time. I think her setup is great for SPS, I for LPS like some actinic action.
Giessman makes an awsome bulb IMHO bit pricy. Her setup was something like this?
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Actinic 03
ATI Aquablue Spezial
GE 6,500
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Spezial
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus
Or it was at one point I kept it in a spreadsheet.
I am pretty happy with the way my tank looks now, I am trying to settle on my "blue" bulbs have not put in the ATI bulbs yet from the group buy. The actinics make the LPS really pop IMHO. But part is your tank just hasn't filled in yet, that is good though you have the fun of getting new corals. I am running out of room honestly bummer.

Thanks for the reassuring words. I'm not the most patient person in the world, which from what I hear isn't the best trait in this hobby, but I do notice that as things multiply and with every new coral I add, the tank does look better and better.

Not enough room? Time for an upgrade!? haha.

I love my tank and the size, no upgrade for me. I do have a nano that is my QT, I think it will become another species specific tank in the future when my son is bit older.
Don't worry it will definately fill in, tank looks really clean. No major problems right?

Yeah, no major problems except a weird fuzzy thing that took over my rocks for a while...it wasn't hair algae or cyano..more like a bacterial thing or fungus. Other than that, my water chemistry is perfect. Can't wait to see some significant growth. Tanks like yours keep me going.

Have you thought about a non photo synthetic tank?

So if everything is going well you are ahead of the game.

Lots of different thoughts. First is to get rid of the PC lighting for LED. ;D
Have thought of local species, pipe fish with macro algae, and brackish water.