• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Upgrading from a 10g to a 45g...

As of this weekend, I will be upgrading from a 10g to a 45g. There are a few things I need some help with. First off, I currently do not have an ATO unit, so I need to find a local source for RO water. I live in Edison, and I usually shop at Ocean Gallery on 22, I just don't want to make 20 trips there to fill up my water jugs.
The 2nd thing is, I would like some ideas on fish. Currently I have a 6line Wrasse and a Royal Gramma. I will be trading in the 6line, since I know he would terrorize any newcomers. I also have a large Pistol Shrimp that I will most likely be placing in the fuge in the new tank.
I will be a bit in over my head with this set up. Never had to set up anything like this, but I can't wait to have all that space.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Attachments

• Whole tank small.jpg
    Whole tank small.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 49

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
First off welcome to the club!!

Second as someone who went from a 20g to a 45g I completely understand. Couple of quick questions:
Is this a 45 cube?
Is there a sump?
What sort of equipment are you going to use?

Fish wise: In our 45g we kept at one point or another:
Flasher wrasse (need a cover)
Dwarf angel (Looks like you have a bunch of corals which means you might want to avoid one as they can be coral pickers)
Gobies of all sorts
Assesor basslets
Other types of basslets are cool too like the swissguard or swalesi
Pair of clowns
Pearly head jawfish (if you have a sandbed)
Tail spot blenny

Those are just off the top of my head, any other that you were thinking about?

Wes! You made it on lol good good. Now sign up for the swap, its right in your city. If you need help setting up the cube let me know. Welcome to the best thing that will.happen to your tank, njrc.

Sent from my galaxy s4

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome Wes. I was in your position 4 months ago. I live in Highland Park. Have you thought about buying a RO/DI unit. Trying to get one now myself. Lugging water is not cool. Again welcome.

First off welcome to the club!!

Second as someone who went from a 20g to a 45g I completely understand. Couple of quick questions:
Is this a 45 cube?
Is there a sump?
What sort of equipment are you going to use?

Fish wise: In our 45g we kept at one point or another:
Flasher wrasse (need a cover)
Dwarf angel (Looks like you have a bunch of corals which means you might want to avoid one as they can be coral pickers)
Gobies of all sorts
Assesor basslets
Other types of basslets are cool too like the swissguard or swalesi
Pair of clowns
Pearly head jawfish (if you have a sandbed)
Tail spot blenny

Those are just off the top of my head, any other that you were thinking about?

Thank you for the welcome.

It's a cube.
There is a sump with fuge.
Will have a swc 120 skimmer.
Kessil 150w vlue and ati t5's. Might add another kessil.

Thank you for the fish ideas. Really want a wrasse/goby/blenny mix.

Wes! You made it on lol good good. Now sign up for the swap, its right in your city. If you need help setting up the cube let me know. Welcome to the best thing that will.happen to your tank, njrc.

Sent from my galaxy s4

Can't wait to learn more man, you know me. We need to get together so I can support your business...lol. not sure if I can make the swap :(

Welcome Wes. I was in your position 4 months ago. I live in Highland Park. Have you thought about buying a RO/DI unit. Trying to get one now myself. Lugging water is not cool. Again welcome.

Thank you. Its a great work out, plus I kice upstairs. I plan on getting an ATO unit soon.

Can't wait to learn more man, you know me. We need to get together so I can support your business...lol. not sure if I can make the swap :(

Sent from my galaxy s4

No swap. You're missing out. Dont worry im holding that poci for you. Let me know if you need help.setting up the cube. Im a decent aquascaper