• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vendors posting in forums?

I always see vendors posting sale after sale after sale stuff on the boards. But i rarely ever see them posting in any forum that isn't their sale or their own vendor experience. Just thought it would be nice to see a vendor help someone out that's asking a question, or just reply to someones post once in a while. Would be nice to know them as a person too and not just a salesperson. Not bashing them at all, i know their busy, are prob on a ton of reefing sites, and this is their business. A few of the ones i visit, or i ordered from on the phone frequently are good people and i get along with all of them.

Nickjr000 said:
I always see vendors posting sale after sale after sale stuff on the boards. But i rarely ever see them posting in any forum that isn't their sale or their own vendor experience. Just thought it would be nice to see a vendor help someone out that's asking a question, or just reply to someones post once in a while. Would be nice to know them as a person too and not just a salesperson. Not bashing them at all, i know their busy, are prob on a ton of reefing sites, and this is their business. A few of the ones i visit, or i ordered from on the phone frequently are good people and i get along with all of them.

I was thinking the same thing, then again a Vendor purpose is to sell things more so than assist customers.

One person who doesn't post to help often is Ocean Gallery, but when you go there they are incredibly helpful.

I'd kind of like to see maybe bringing digital aquatics, ecotech marine, and other companies to be vendors on the site as well as offer their feedback like they do on reefcentral etc.

We really need to find a way to better draw individuals to the site though overall more than anything, day in and day out I see the same few individuals < 20-30 members I'd say posting.

When I am in stores like AF, OG, and other LFS I always see new people shopping for saltwater items and mention NJRC, but it'd be nice to kind of get a mass appeal.