• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vermetids!!

I had a few. One I removed the rock and scraped it off with a knife. For the others I supergued the end of the tubes. It felt wrong but they were killing some coral so they had to go.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I broke em off, had some on my frog spawn. Be careful as they'll give you a nasty lil slice with that tube

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

C

charterreefer

Thanks for the fish info. I'm assuming it's reef safe? I just read that all wrasses in the genus Halichoeres are known to eat the vermetid snails! Malenarus are in that family as are yellow coris wrasses that are also known to eat them. Ok, I guess I'm heading in the right direction. It would be so nice to get those little buggers out of there. After reefscaping one day I had to go on an antibiotic from a puncture wound I got from one of them after my whole hand swelled up with infection. Can't pick up the rocks without extreme caution. It makes it very difficult.

QUOTE="art13, post: 823461, member: 20602"]I have a melanarus wrasse, I don't really see them anymore.[/QUOTE]

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mine doesn't bug my bigger snails, he has probably made a significant dent in my smaller snail pop though. They'll also eat flatworms and feather dusters so be careful depending on what you have. No issues with coral though