• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm at the point where i'm going to say why not and try whatever i can to find some way that works for my issue. My next try is going to be continuum mag, i was talking with jason fox at the swap, he said that continuum is the same stuff that kent tech m used to be, if thats true i'm just waiting for my mag to go down. I have my system changing about 2 gallons of water per day.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I remember you were doing carbon dosing. Did it yield any positive result? It is very common for a new setup to go thru many phases of algae blooms so maybe you can give the carbon dosing a little more time.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The rocks in the tank are a few years old from my old setup, I've been carbon dosing since I started the tank, I can dose my nitrates to 10ppm and it will be down to 0 within days. Phosphates are a bit harder, I run the reactor with Gfo.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
One thing I wish I did was start with new rocks, I thought I was able to kill the bryopsis off it though, guess I was wrong

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll be giving it a go as of today, I tried continuum for bryopsis, it's 50/50, I see some die off and then I see happy patches so I can't say if it works or not, my mag is too high to raise anymore. Today this comes in and I'll be doing my first dose

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Still no update, i've dosed twice, my cyano looks to be happier, but that could be due to dosing a slight amount of nitrates to test out something. Bryopsis does look a bit weaker, but i've also added a beast of a skimmer and 5-6 cups of fresh gfo.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Still no update, i've dosed twice, my cyano looks to be happier, but that could be due to dosing a slight amount of nitrates to test out something. Bryopsis does look a bit weaker, but i've also added a beast of a skimmer and 5-6 cups of fresh gfo.
This is the vibrant art? @art13