• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vibrant

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
yup, pretty much algae fix repackaged and sold for more. i used vibrant one time and i hated how my elegance at time reacted to it. no other bacteria based product did that and it never really worked for me, now i get why.

eholceker

NJRC Member
yup, pretty much algae fix repackaged and sold for more. i used vibrant one time and i hated how my elegance at time reacted to it. no other bacteria based product did that and it never really worked for me, now i get why.

I used it once on my clownfish tank and my skunks immediately stopped breeding. Was told there was no correlation but obviously algecides can cause a whole lot of issues. Hope they get what they deserve.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Wow. Could this be why my clam of 6 years just died one day out of no where.
Darn

eholceker

NJRC Member
Wow. Could this be why my clam of 6 years just died one day out of no where.
Darn

Considering this is what the back of the API Algecide bottle says........

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-103904_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-103904_Chrome.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 16

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I also have an unopened bottle from this past summer that I bought from BRS

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Old adage. Coming back to bite me in the butt.

“Nothing good in this hobby happens quickly “

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have bubble algae in my 13g and tried to remove it manually- got frustrated and started dosing with Vibrant- watched a video on how good it was. Even talked to Warren at Sealevel- and he touted it ( i was there to buy an emerald crab) The crab died the next day- but the sexy shrimp and hermits in the tank are ok- did Vibrant kill the crab? That is the question I may never get an answer to

I have bubble algae in my 13g and tried to remove it manually- got frustrated and started dosing with Vibrant- watched a video on how good it was. Even talked to Warren at Sealevel- and he touted it ( i was there to buy an emerald crab) The crab died the next day- but the sexy shrimp and hermits in the tank are ok- did Vibrant kill the crab? That is the question I may never get an answer to
Honestly...I would not look a gift horse in the mouth. I had to suicide 3 emeralds because they kept going after my octospawns and they were a real pain to catch. Them keeling over without having to catch the little buggers is a WIN.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Honestly...I would not look a gift horse in the mouth. I had to suicide 3 emeralds because they kept going after my octospawns and they were a real pain to catch. Them keeling over without having to catch the little buggers is a WIN.
I don't have much other than zoas, kenya tree in the 13g. I stopped dosing with Vibrant and plan on getting another crab- don't see any other option. Not sure about them attacking frogspawn, but I have read that there is another crab sold as an emerald that is a bit nastier