• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Video: My 12 gallone ECLIPSE Saltwater Kit

We have been looking into anenomes for our SeBae Clowns. But this Marineland Instant Ocean Eclipse Set up came up the hood -- and a 50 Watt Bulb. I'm thinking that 50 Watts is kinda low for an anenome -- but I don't think there's any other options for the Eclipse other than the 50 Watt. . .

Any ideas?

you might be able to get away with a Sabae. They are usually bleached (white with Purple Tips) when you buy them and the clowns will make sure they get whatever food is left over. I have a sabae we got from Petco and it is starting to brown out from the t5's and no clowns hosting in it

I would disagree with placing an anemone in a 12 gallon tank. You already have 5 fish in a 12 gallon tank. Stick with what you have - don't add anymore.

the banggai is undoubtedly wild caught - and a big no-no for all of us is to not buy fish that are endangered in the wild. What's done is done though. Calaxa had some luck i believe converting his wild-caught banggai to eat something other than live food. I could be wrong though.

Sorry - if I sound harsh. If the hobby has hooked you - look into getting a BIGGER tank to house all the stuff you want! I'll be there to help move the tank in!

Thanks for your advice. We have three fish in the tank, two Clownies and the Banggai. We would like to get the anemone someday but it's probably not going to work out with this tank due to the lighting situation. And -- like you said Hawk -- it's a small tank. It's just a starter tank for us. . .

On the Banggai -- he just won't eat the little pellets we have. The Clownies love 'em. The Banggai puts a couple in his mouth but then spits 'em out. I have to get the Clownies on lock down with a net (they hide in a cave) so the Banggai has some time to himself, but he just spits out the pellets. I plan on doing Brine shrimp a couple nights a week (I'm just feeding the fish once a day). I wanted to get some last night, but I forgot. . .

Maybe we'll get a bigger tank someday, but we're gonna enjoy this one for a little while. It's so cool!

brine shrimp (the just-hatched babies excluded) is the nutrional equivalent to popcorn for humans.

It's fun to eat and the fish love it - but it's nutritionally inadequate. Feed it as a treat - not as a staple. Good luck!

oh and yes i can't count. Failed that at school. LOL.

For some reason I thought the sebae clowns in the video were 3 stripe damsels.

lol...no problem...you could dose the shrimp in a booster like selcon. The banggai is going to be a tough one. Good luck.

Hawkeye said:
lol...no problem...you could dose the shrimp in a booster like selcon. The banggai is going to be a tough one. Good luck.

He is soooooooooooo tough! I think we're going to lose him. . . :(

He still hasn't eaten. . .