• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vote on my aquascape

Which aquascape do you like

• A. Taller structure on the left

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • B. Shorter structure on the left

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

horseplay

NJRC Member
I really can’t decide so I hope you can help. Imagine there will be corals on the rocks. B effectively elevated the left side. It will be a fuller looking tank. A will have a lot of head room on the left. Any comments welcome.

A. Taller structure on the left

2919ED93-DC92-4C58-9E78-D3EED540C27C.jpeg

B. Shorter structure on the left
C54B8BC5-9713-461B-9C49-F4F231928882.jpeg

Last edited:

horseplay

NJRC Member
I voted B. But how did you do this? I'd love to switch my tank up like this
I broke up marco rocks into smaller pieces and glued them together. There is a BRS video on this but I used a slightly different technique. The rocks are joined together in super glue then reenforce with the cement that marco rock sells.

i almost bought something from brs.... once.

lol

I broke up marco rocks into smaller pieces and glued them together. There is a BRS video on this but I used a slightly different technique. The rocks are joined together in super glue then reenforce with the cement that marco rock sells.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I posted pics of my aquascape(s) on facebook a couple of times and got blasted, decided I would never do it again. As a joke I posted a pic of all the rock/coral I never used in a tank that I had arranged on a shelf as my new scape and got the most approvals ever- my point- you got to look at it every day, not me/us- if you like it, I like it- I put way too much rock in mine for most, but my fish love all the caves, nooks and crannies- I'll probably regret it at some point when all my frags grow into colonies- so I'll start fragging then- I'm just impatient- 'I want it now' lol

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I also like a, two separate pieces work great when you have coral on them. The only thing is that high piece is so close to the surface that you might not be able to put Coral on it unless it’s something that really loves gigantic par

john90009

NJRC Member
I go a. When you put corals in the rocks on the bottom that are barely off the sand will appear to be on the sand and not as open. With a it’s a lot more Shelfy and will only look better when corals are on it. Deff put some deep water acros on the tips of the rocks that are hanging as shelfs