• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WANTED: Brittle Stars

Hello Reefer friends, if anyone in the northern NJ area has some little Brittle Stars they'd like to get rid of, I'd love to have some.

Every since my tank crash last year, they were all lost (my fish, crabs, and anemones survived - but lots of my little guys and coral suffered).

I know many folks think of these as pests, but I think they're actually sorta cute. I'll take what you can spare ... I'm in Denville, let me know, thanks!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome back Sandee. Haven't seen you around for a while so good to hear from you. By the way, I just saw your membership renewal come through, so I upgraded your forum account for you.

As for the brittle stars, I have a ton of them but I don't live very close to you. However (it's not official yet, but) our November meeting is supposed to be up in Oak Ridge, so that's in your neighborhood. If I can make it or find someone nearby that plans to go, I'll happily get some brittle stars to the meeting so you can get them.

Thanks! Yes, it was about time to renew my membership! Other hobbies, work, etc. - just not enough time for all my interests these days!

Hope to see everyone at the November meeting! :)

Hello Reefer friends, if anyone in the northern NJ area has some little Brittle Stars they'd like to get rid of, I'd love to have some.

Every since my tank crash last year, they were all lost (my fish, crabs, and anemones survived - but lots of my little guys and coral suffered).

I know many folks think of these as pests, but I think they're actually sorta cute. I'll take what you can spare ... I'm in Denville, let me know, thanks!

the only "Pests" that are stars i can think of are asterina stars - which have a love/hate relationship. I've got a ton of those if you want although I'm in central.