• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Washing machine hose blew off

Hi guys/gals, I was watching tv when I heard the sound of high pressure water spraying out. I ran to find my y connection off my washing machine had broken. Can anyone recommend a quality replacement?

ehasymab.jpg

There is no high quality they just need to be checked and replaced more often
Just pick up spare screens and check them often and replace when water flow slows down

In regard to the hoses, they sell metal braided that are much better than rubber. Rubber under constant pressure eventually fail. I have two friends whos houses were severely damages from hoses bursting. I'm surprised insurance companies dont give them away...

Thanks guys, the hoses are metal braided they were just connected to an adapter that failed. I may replace them while I'm back there because I have no idea how old they are

Just wanted to add the connector was installed about a year and a half ago. Everyone should check their connections haha

I'm in no way affiliated with this product but I installed this in my home. I've been lucky not have to have used it in the last 10 years.
http://www.watercop.com/

It has saved me 1 time, as I had water seeping into the basement. The kids said that the water in their bathroom wasn't running, I went down to check to see if something triggered it, and I found my basememt getting wet and the water triggered the sensor. If it wasn't for that I would probably had a flooded basement in the morning.