• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Washing your filter socks...

How does everyone wash their filter socks?? I throw mine in the washer on hot and high, but there is just so much gunk built up in the fabric of the sock that I am cleaning them every 2-3 days (I think the vodkadosing makes them get dirtier even quicker). I'm ready to move from felt socks to mesh.

So what's everyone else do?

I just wash them like you hot water run them through twice.
Just got a HE washer....don't know how this is going to work going forward. Anybody else have one of these washers?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Maybe to obvious but I turn mine inside before washing. I use a small amount of bleach in the washer with them. They are easier to manipulate when wet. I let them air dry for several days before using.

arvin

NJRC Member
I dont use filer socks anymore but when I used it before, I use to stuff it with polyester fiberfill. This fiberfill collects all gunk. I simply replace this fiberfill periodically.

I use the spray nozzle on the sink to was out all gunk. also have used hose it seems to work very well for me..

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JRWOHLER said:
Just got a HE washer....don't know how this is going to work going forward. Anybody else have one of these washers?

I have been using mine for 3 years no problem...even better than the conventional washers. I put bleach in the pre-wash, and the detergent slots and set it for extra water on the long setting(heavy wash). I turn them inside out and let em go...They come out like new.

I first clean them out a bit in the sink to get rid of some of the gunk. then i turn them inside out and put on express wash and they come out like new. I use them right away.