• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Watchman gobies

I added 2 juvenile yellow watchman gobies several months ago. Both gobies were bright yellow, and about 3/4” when I got them. One of the gobies have dulled off quite a bit, and has been getting blackish strips, and seems to be developing a black mustache. It’s just pigment, not actuall facial hair. He hangs out with the blood shrimp when the pistol doesn’t want to come out. Sometimes both of them. The pistol doesn’t mind the blood as long as there’s no food around. The other goby is living by itself, with no shrimp. The second goby has remained bright yellow. The aggression between the 2 has mellowed out, but they still don’t interact much. The one that’s darkening has alway been the dominant of the 2.7EDB5302-7CB7-4C84-9F33-EB861EDFCD8B.jpegA994922F-CEB8-4217-89DF-3E729E8DDCBD.jpeg

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I added 2 juvenile yellow watchman gobies several months ago. Both gobies were bright yellow, and about 3/4” when I got them. One of the gobies have dulled off quite a bit, and has been getting blackish strips, and seems to be developing a black mustache. It’s just pigment, not actuall facial hair. He hangs out with the blood shrimp when the pistol doesn’t want to come out. Sometimes both of them. The pistol doesn’t mind the blood as long as there’s no food around. The other goby is living by itself, with no shrimp. The second goby has remained bright yellow. The aggression between the 2 has mellowed out, but they still don’t interact much. The one that’s darkening has alway been the dominant of the 2.View attachment 22626View attachment 22627
those are sweet i have mine with a candy pistol shrimp pretty much my favorite pair thinking of getting a second pair but dont know how thatll work out also looking into blennies 32g biocube

Thanks. I think it would be safer to add them at the same time, but I don’t know if it would work out. The ones you have are established in the tank. Mine is a tiger pistol. It just wasn’t out when I took the picture.