• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water Mixing Station

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I ordered two 55G square drums from ruralking.com. their shipping was $23. That said, they took a month to get here...

225FECDF-5067-4BBD-9731-5F83852302AD.jpeg

ill give it a shot...i did check out tractor supply...but they wanted 229.99 for a 65
Yep that’s the one I got. Called ahead and said it’s online for $100. They matched it. I will be breaking down the tank, I’ll sell you mine but it has some holes drilled in it for equipment and the recirculating part of it.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The DOS sits on the block directly below the tank in the basement. I used about 55 ft of RO tubing for each line. The waste water tube is only submerged about a 1/4 of an inch into sump in case it siphons(no trouble yet but if tubing or pump head ruptures=UH OH) . I also heard, due to 2 roller head on DOS its possible it can siphon? I plan to get the Apex solenoid to shut off the drain line when not in use.
I used a piece of 3/4 pipe to weight RO tubing into new saltwater tank.
I can't hear the DOS when its running low speed during continuous auto water change. I change 1 gallon per day.
If I put it on 4 gallons with a short time period It will bang lines and get loud. I would just use buckets if the
tank needs a large water change anyway. Saves wear and tear.

hello
I was using the dos for water change.
it will not siphon. The apex Solenoid is made for fresh water only. If you use it in salt water it will damage.

Here is my setup. The right one is RODI and the left one is my saltwater mixing tank. they are 58g each i think and i found them new on craigslist.

I think im going to try to pick these up and try them out. I wish they had screw top lids, i guess i will have to make some cuts in order to do the plumbing.