• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Water temp ??

Just curious to what people feel is the optimal temp for their reef.

I just cooled down to 75.4 and all my coral seems to be much more fully opened than if they were closer to 80

The temp reaches roughly 79-81 without me putting a small fan blowing up towards the light. I just wonder if I should keep the fan blowing all the time ? Then ambient temp is always about 75.

I keep my tank at 77. During the day it goes up to 78.4 and at night it goes down to 76.4. Ahh the luxury of summer weather and a chiller. I think 77 is OPTIMAL IMO

I am new (2 1/2 months with a JBJ 28 G) and have been keeping it at 80. I had read some theories supporting slightly higher temps.

Last month or so, I have not gotten full extension from hammer and FS so I think I will slowly lower it. (I am using the chiller)

David

I added a Ranco controller to turn my fan on/off. Set the temp on the controller for 79 and keeps it constant, and lower evap since fan isn't on all the time.