• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

weird stringy stuff

on my one coral lastnight there was a ton of stringy stuff coming off of it, and then this morning there was none ??? is this it's way of shedding or something?
101_0054.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Corals tend to release that slime or filiments when they are stressed or feeding. What else was going on in the tank while the coral was doing that? Did any others seem affected? What did your LPS (if you have any) look like? Were these new additions or corals that had been there?

all of the other corals looked fine. this coral has been in the tank for about a month now. the only thing that was going on in the tank was me adding the corals that i got from the meeting yesterday. I did treat for flatworms on Friday.

aren't there still flatworms in there? at least - i think I see several in this last pic...

also the stringy stuff - could it be like vermetid snails leftover mucus? I have on experience with FWE in the display so not sure if they'd even live thru that.

Hawkeye said:
aren't there still flatworms in there? at least - i think I see several in this last pic...

also the stringy stuff - could it be like vermetid snails leftover mucus? I have on experience with FWE in the display so not sure if they'd even live thru that.

that was pre treatment LOL