• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

weird worm thingy

??? ??? ??? ???

hey guys, i need help identifying a thing i found in my tank this evening..I had the lunar lights on and when i was lookin behind the rock structure using a thin flashlight and found this green tube suspended from the rock into the sand bed...after about a min it started pulling itself up back towards the rock and it looked to have a shaped head like a snail with 2 prongs moving...Then it went back down into the sand bed and u could actually see it suck small sands pieces up into the tube,, is this reef safe, has anyone else have these in there tanks....i took a picture but my camera sucks but u get the drift on how im describing this thing to

Hard to say with that pic but it sounds like just a bristle worm to me. I have several that build tubes...they don't seem to bother any of my fish or other inverts. Really small worms are more than likely just a meal for a fish...I recall once I snagged one out and was going to try and put it in a cup for a pic but my maroon jumped all over it. ;)

its not a bristleworm...its green in color...really thin and has a mouth like a snail...waitin for an updated pic once my film gets developed...

I did my research and might have found the culpret....Achaetobonellia spp., Bonellia spp..< Echiurid worm>... says its reef safe and feeds on detritus

yep...they have green tentacles and just reach for food and grab it...i have a couple of those in my tank...i threw some away cause they kind of gross me out..but they are harmless :)