• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi magic,
I teach in Mercer county in a school called Hopewell Valley Central High School. There are a great bunch of young men and women here who are hoping to get involved in a reef club.

Hi,
The summer should be covered by teachers who stay for summer school and I have already committed to coming to the school myself frequently to care for the plants in the hallways of the building. Thanks for the tips.

Hi,
We're in Hopewell Valley NJ. It's in Mercer County. I would pay for shipping of some rock to start it off, or pick it up if you are close? I'm just eager to get this thing going. Others have told me I need to cycle the tank, and that's what I'm in the process of doing. The salinity is perfect, and the tank looks good to me.100MEDIA$IMAG0138.jpg

Hi,
The summer should be covered by teachers who stay for summer school and I have already committed to coming to the school myself frequently to care for the plants in the hallways of the building. Thanks for the tips.

awesome, i love getting my kids involved and they enjoy being able to identify all the different things in the tanks to their friends.

One thing to consider during the summer months is the heat. I know in my kids school it can get pretty warm, so a chiller might be needed.

Hey NJ reefers...
Jumping on to say hello, and thanks to everyone who has been supporting us thru the store build.

We are proud to be sponsoring NJRC and look forward to meeting everyone .

We will be posting pictures of the store and our corals and fish soon.

Thanks everybody.

Hey NJ reefers,

Im a long time FW guy who's made the jump to the salty side of things. I'm starting small due to space limitations so I picked up a 12G nanocube DX mixed up some water, threw in some sand and live rock and im letting it cycle now(patience is key I know:encouragement: ) I figure by January I can start putting in my CUC & some beginner corals.

I look forward to learning more and more and becoming as addicted to SW as I have been to FW.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome NyteGTI, you've found the right place to ask questions. There are plenty on here who have the experience to help you out. When you're ready for beginner corals, I can fill that 12G up real fast.

Welcome NyteGTI, you've found the right place to ask questions. There are plenty on here who have the experience to help you out. When you're ready for beginner corals, I can fill that 12G up real fast.

yea Ill be looking to you guys for suggestions. since im new to SW & corals this is going to be a LOT more reading to make sure i don't put corals that don't work together in my little tank.

for now here's a pic of my boring LR lol

2011-11-20_22-07-50_698.jpg

hi my name is matt, ecamatt (East Coast Aquatics matt) anyone remember me I owned the store in prospect park, Pa that burned up in June, I am from NJ so it only makes sense that I research a new shop in NJ, no offense to all my friends from delaware and del valley, Those guys were nothing but great to me and my family, but my home is jersey. Has anyone been to aquapawrium in waretown recently they had some real bad press on this site years ago but nothing recently? Where are my south jersey reefer associates? where are the quality stores to visit south of toms river, preferably close to the shore?

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
hi my name is matt, ecamatt (East Coast Aquatics matt) anyone remember me I owned the store in prospect park, Pa that burned up in June, I am from NJ so it only makes sense that I research a new shop in NJ, no offense to all my friends from delaware and del valley, Those guys were nothing but great to me and my family, but my home is jersey. Has anyone been to aquapawrium in waretown recently they had some real bad press on this site years ago but nothing recently? Where are my south jersey reefer associates? where are the quality stores to visit south of toms river, preferably close to the shore?
I'm in Moorestown. Not by the shore but south of Toms River. If you look you'll find several threads on here talking about the coverage gap for a good LFS in this area. Specifically near exit 40 of 295 (route 38). Lots of good open retail space there too. Good luck - I'd love to see something in this area. It's sorely needed!!!

Edwardw771

NJRC Member

Welcome to NJRC Matt. I went to your store a few week back and was very shocked to find it gone. I didn't hear about it when it happened.
I hope you guys get back on your feet.

Hi,
my name is Aldo and I'm new to NJRC. I live in Lincoln Park, NJ and I've had my current tank for approx. 11 months. here is a pic of my tank.
DSC_0043.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Heya Matt. I heard about the fire a while back and was very saddened by it. I live in Blackwood and have been to your store quite a few times. I bought a few fish from you guys over the past year or so and always liked your store. Your staff was always friendly and knowledgeable too.

I'm near Aquarium Center (Clementon, NJ) and it's pretty good, but I'd be happy to see a quality alternative in this area for sure.

Welcome to the club. Let us know if you open up another shop down south! ;)

Hi all my name is Meg I am originally from Ocean City NJ but am now living in Little Egg Harbor NJ. I've had saltwater tanks for about 10 years now. I recently started the adventure into reef tanks and now it is an addiction. I have a 28 gallon nano cube and a 65 gallon both in the beginning stages of reef tanks.I am looking forward to getting to know others in the hobby.

Hi all my name is Meg I am originally from Ocean City NJ but am now living in Little Egg Harbor NJ. I've had saltwater tanks for about 10 years now. I recently started the adventure into reef tanks and now it is an addiction. I have a 28 gallon nano cube and a 65 gallon both in the beginning stages of reef tanks.I am looking forward to getting to know others in the hobby.

Welcome Meg!
I hear you about the addiction part of this hobby. I was keeping fish since I was 10 or so, and wanted to setup a reef tank for a long time. Probably a decade or so. I was too worried about the startup expense, and always had worried that the saltwater side of the hobby was too diffficult. Then I found this site, and got some great equipment for good prices from members here and started my tank early in 2011. Unfortunately the problem I didn't see coming-was the addiction. Now I need to set up more tanks to fuel this habit. That's the real problem here. There is always some new sps I want, and the tech available nowadays is almost as addictive as the animals we keep. Again, welcome to the site, you'll not find a more generous and dedicated group of hobbyists out there anywhere. And the vendors that sponsor here are all top notch.