• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome Tom, I am hosting the monthly meeting this weekend and I live in Point Pleasant.

Clown Aquatics is a New Jersey based company that was started by a few hobbyists. As hobbyists we felt it was our duty to help other individuals in the hobby by providing rare, beautiful fish at a reasonable price.

We are a new and up-coming company. We aim to supply the community with quality livestock at reasonable prices. With the help of the community we look forward to assisting hobbyists in creating the reefs of their dreams.

If you have any questions regarding our inventory, or if you need assistance with your own personal tank, please do not hesitate to contact us. Again, we are hobbyists first and we wish every individual great success in this wonderful and amazing hobby.

Sincerely,

Anthony (Thirty5) & Brandon (Brando457)

Hello everyone!

Wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Brian and the screen name comes from my other addiction which would be the xbox. I am currently in the process of rebuilding my reef as Sandy helped do a number on it. Battery backup on 2 mp10 ecotechs got me thru 3 days but not the 10 days without power. I have been into saltwater tanks for over 25 years and before that was feshwater and brackish. My first tank was a 20 gallon with metal corners and a slate bottom, talk about old!

I run a 65 gallon flat back hex acrylic with a 10 gallon sump and in-sump skimmer.
Lighting currently are 2-150 HQI 14K and 4-39W T5HO in a 36" fixture. I am getting an Acan LED tomorrow to replace the MHs.
Lots of live rock.

Inhabitants I am adding slowly as I got my copepod culture back to a reasonable level.
4-Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish (all juveniles)
2-Fire Shrimp
2- Skunk Cleaners
1-Scooter Blenny
Coco Feather Duster
Blue/Teal Crocea Clam
Blue Sympodium Polyps
Starburst Polyps
Assorted Macroalgae

I'm not exactly new but last time I was on here it was 2008. Well I'm back just set up a small biocube (14gl) 2 months ago and I'm already planning on a bigger set up. Thats pretty much it for now.

Hello All

I am a new member so I thought an introduction might be necessary.

My name is Mike, I am a lifetime fish fanatic who FINALLY has the life to support the hobby. Recently, I purchased a home in Cherry Hill, NJ and have begun the quest towards my new reef setup. In the past I've had many tanks, mostly Cichlid and FOWLR setups, but over the past couple years I haven't had the time or space to support the hobby. I have zero friends interested in the hobby including my fiancé who thinks I'm nuts, thus joining this club. My goal is to educate myself, meet other hobbyists, and share my experiences.

I do have a day job as a sales rep in global supply chain services, but would much prefer keeping fish for a living lol.

If anyone is local to Cherry Hill and looking for fellow hobbyists to please reach out.

Also, if anyone has experience with Red Sea MAX S Series I'd love some feedback on the product. I'm considering the system and have reservations about the lighting setup as well as potential customization ability down the road.

Good to meet you all!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Welcome to the boards. Put a post out in the equipment thread on the Red Sea Max and I am sure you will get some answers.

Welcome Mike, wait til you goto your first meeting & meet all the other fish geeks here. you'll realize you're not odd anymore haha.

My wife still laughes at me when she knows I'm going to a meeting. And my son asks if Im going to see my fish friends.