• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Well, that's all folks!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The tank is gone and we're officially out of the hobby. It was a little surreal watching it go. This club was family for many years and we've made some lifelong friends along the way. We wish you all the best with your reefs and in life!

Phyl and John out!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When I first joined NJRC, Phyl was running this club and you guys were a great inspiration for me personally. So much so that I started getting involved in volunteering for frag swaps and progressed to being on the BOD as Secretary and eventually ended up as President for a term. I came to respect all that you did for the club and having that experience for myself made me appreciate it even more. I know I couldn't have done it without the help that John gave me along the way either.

Thanks for everything guys.

I'm sorry to see you two out of the hobby, but like Ed, I suspect you will be back eventually too. Once it get's in your blood, that urge to have a reef tank never leaves you. So, until next time...

Good Luck and thanks for everything.

I also joined when John and Phyl were running the club. I have not been super active in the club mostly because of time constraints. Between work, 4 kids, a house, reef tank and just everything else that keeps you busy in life it is difficult to be as involved in some things as you would like. That being said, NJ Reefers has always been a good place to comeback to when I have drifted away from reefing a little every now and then. And John and Phyl seemed to have the club thriving. In fact, I have only been to one meeting in the 8 years or so I have been a member and it was at YOUR house early on when I started. Seeing your system was an inspiration.

So thanks and good luck.

Wow it is really the end of an era. I don't think any family has done more for the club itself then Phyl and John. Thank you for all you did for the club and for me personally. I feel like I am writing an eulogy :sorrow:. Even when you guys were not active it always felt like you were there watching over the club in some spiritual way. I hope you find happiness in life and in your new endeavors. If you ever decide to get back in I am sure you won't need any to buy much as we will all be glad to help out. Take care we will miss you.