• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

West Coral Mariculture?? Help

Has anyone ordered from them directly or through eBay? They have the live sand I am looking for and the price is very good. Looks legit but I would be more comfortable if someone here could tell me they are decent.

never heard of them - what makes their live sand so much better? Just seems to not cloud the tank as much. When I think "live" sand i'm hoping to get live fauna in there...

if I want just bacteria on my sand - I'd just as well get dry sand and let the LR seed it.

Just my 2 cents. If you get it - let us know how it goes!

Thanks Phil, I don't know I Googled and looked everything up. The best thing is other then say Dr Fosters their shipping is great. I read maybe 5 pages of testimonials and everything was positive. They take the same approach as say Smiths LR I guess using big vats to aquaculture the live sand. I tried to see what the shipping of 200 lb of LS from Prem Aqua it was like 255 bucks. :eek:.
I think I am going to give it a shot. It is from what I could see truely argonite sand from Fiji. Wish me luck haha.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Why don't you just buy regular argonite sand and I'll give you a few pounds of live sand for free?

Thanks Mike...well I guess just getting the sand is expensive though. I have some live sand but would like to see if there is some established pods ect in the sand, even just sand shipped is pretty expensive. Of the top of your head do you know the cost of sand at LFS..it costs about .78 shipped from them, and is supposed to be 'live', like I said they have a great bunch of review on eBay 99.8 or something.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's roughly $1 a pound.
In the past, I've ordered live sand from over 10 different places. My sand scares me with all the pods in it. I've been thinking of adding a handfull of Mandrins to my sump. I can even give you a gallon of water from my sump and you'de be happy.

OK well let me see what I can get it for at Trop. I will take you up on a little bit of sand in any case for my Fuge. Thanks. Any other opinions or info is still more then welcome.

Hey Mike, thanks for the thoughts. I asked the question if it was all argonite sand ... nope...some silica in it so :( I have had my share of problems with those issues. Better to just go with Aragamax sand like you suggested and be done with it. Maybe sometime this coming weekend I can pick some sand up from you. We are very close so thanks for the offer it really helped make up my mind.
James

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can be here anytime convenient for you. I'm working local this month.