• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WHAT ALK PRODUCT DO YOU USE AND WHY (BARNEGAT)

N

njstillwell

Just looking around to see what everyone is using to see what else is out there and why you are recomending it.... price or whatever you wish to state why you are using this product because im thinking about changing from brightwell to something new that mixes good and not leave snow all in my ro/di water

I use baked baking soda. Bake 1 small box of baking soda in a n oven at 300 for 1 hour and then mix with 1 gallon RO water. Makes good cheap ALK additive.

Andy

N

njstillwell

I went to trop today and got the brightwell reef code A-B i was just trying to get away from mixing in the powder cause it messes up my water look for a little while little bit of snow in the rodi water so i got this instead thanks for the answers

4 parks baking soda to 1 part baked baking soda... mixes to ~8.2 pH and is super cheap compared to aquarium marketed products. Ratio can even be change to raise or lower your pH temporarily if needed.

Baking soda here as well......Cheap and is the same as the name brand stuff. I do not bake mine just use it right from the arm and hammer box.

And the winner is.......

Baking soda! Baked if you have low ph, not baked if your ph is in the OK to high range.

Baking soda here too.... cheap, effective, and cheap and I can easily find some in the house somewheres. I think I have one in my closet, one in my fridge, one in the freezer, one in the pantry........ Oh, and it's cheap.