• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

what are these???

Small clear bubbles... Inside the bubbles I can see 1 larger tanish speck along with a handfull white dots. Tank is only a few months old and I'm curious if this is anything undesireable.

In the pic it's the 3 clear dots in the corner

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The starfish is Asterina.....generally speaking they are reef safe. There is a variety that can be troublesome. I have found that the white to light tan are fine. The more color, the greater the likelihood that they are a problem. I have a tank filled with them.

Small clear bubbles... Inside the bubbles I can see 1 larger tanish speck along with a handfull white dots. Tank is only a few months old and I'm curious if this is anything undesireable.

In the pic it's the 3 clear dots in the corner

if that black object (what is it a tunze nano wave box?) is not tight to the glass - i would say maybe those are nerite snail eggs, but if it's tight to the box..no idea.

Thanks Hawkeye!!! That's a black frag rack in the corner. Snail eggs were my guess but I was still curious... After searching a few images I'm pretty sure thats what they are.

Thanks Hawkeye!!! That's a black frag rack in the corner. Snail eggs were my guess but I was still curious... After searching a few images I'm pretty sure thats what they are.
Nerite snails usually leave single eggs like that, but they are usually whitish/opaque. What kinda snails you have?

Also - i want to concur on those little starfish. They are all over my tank. They do not seem to irritate any of my corals...yet.