• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

what do u think about the intank fuges..

If you've worked there for a year you would recognize me for sure. Up until about Easter of this year I was in there 3 or 4 times a week.

My son loves the shark pond and occasionally asks me if we can make the trip there. For some reason he likes the Port Jacksons which you usually have in there. I haven't been there since the Queen Trigger has been in the tank (or at least I didn't notice it).

It's not that you won't have "fans" but just that you're doing things differently then conventional wisdom would say is the propper way of doing it. The fuge will end up blocking all the light as algae growth develops on it. So pretty much any thing under it will not get light for long once the tank gets going.

I personally like your style of doing it your way with input and thought from others. It's what makes things interesting. I look forward to following the tanks progression.

Carlo

mynd said:
Why do you have high nitrates? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Solve this and you won't need a fuge.

Whatever it is .. Cut it out!! LOL.. hope you find the humor. Not that high nitrates are funny, nor is dealing with it funny.. I guess it wasn't funny.. OK, sorry.. What I am trying to say is don't solve your nitrates by adding another factor. Find out where the nitrates are coming from. :D

Ah fuges! They ain't just for nitrates anymore! :eek:

Lots of folks run them just to replenish pods and other tiny life forms that need a place to call their own. ;D

Well last night i removed the fuge from the tank...i bought more live rock and arranged the rock towards the back part of the tank piled up about half way..it looks so much better now then before...i will have pics of the tank up tomorrow because i have work today and for some reason have a poor internet signal at night ...so u will all get a glimpse at what im trying to scape in the tank...nitrites and nitrates are coming down...nitrates are around 40 ppm and nitrites are still up there...i have about 3 more pieces to put in to finalize the scaping...one is on the right side to hide one of my power heads,,and the other is on is the left to fill in a spot...temperture has been steady 80 since this weather cooled down..thank god....bring ur son up one weekend carlo...we gotten in a new port jackson cause the other sold...and the trigger- u cant miss him ..he is a monster....

tom

I've got a Queen Trigger too along with a few other triggers. They are so cool looking. Their eyes almost glow-in-the-dark and look so intimidating.

Have you guys thought about putting any rays in that tank? Something like a cortez would add some additional diversity and are cheap too!

I would love to do a nice big shark tank/pond. If only I had a real basement.

How come you removed the fuge? Was it getting in the way of the rockwork?

Carlo

i took it out so i could better aqua scape the tank....now i just need the lighting and i am set for putting some nice scaping with corals...i hope to get some pics on tomorrow...so u get the first glimpse of what i am doing and not get the finished results....

ur opinion what is the best anemone to throw in this tank...i would think pink tips would be too mobile ...give some ideas...