• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What do you do to get your zoas to be bigger?

Hey all, I was just curious if you guys do anything to get your individual polyp size bigger. Not talking about growth of the entire colorny, more like if I want to try to push a small polyp to get bigger (like fruit loops/hornets etc).

I want to see if there is anything you all do/if there are any tricks up your sleeves.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
For some reason my zoas look plenty big!

IMG_0483.jpg

Also, someone once told me that size isn’t everything….it might have been my wife! :eek:

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Have you tried moving them closer to the light? Deepwaters like fruit loops actually like a ton of light.

For some reason my zoas look plenty big!

IMG_0483.jpg

Also, someone once told me that size isn’t everything….it might have been my wife! :eek:

I cant stop giggling either heeheh.

In relation to your post, I was at a guys house who had yodas the size of quarters and he had it all tje way to the bottom of his tank, so it almost didnt get alot of light. I dont know if that was healthy but he definitely had huge ones. He had a deep 93g I think.

Hmm Interesting stuff in the thread. I have tried lower light on my fruit loops, but nothing. Maybe I will move them up.

I know usually zoas/palys will extend more the farther they are from the light.

And lol at that pic.

I believe the light you use has a lot to do with the size and definetly the color of a zoa/Paly. For example the same zoa in my tank take yodas under my t'5s they are the size of a dime than under LEDs the same zoa is the size of a pencil eraser

I believe the light you use has a lot to do with the size and definetly the color of a zoa/Paly. For example the same zoa in my tank take yodas under my t'5s they are the size of a dime than under LEDs the same zoa is the size of a pencil eraser

Heh thanks for the frag pack btw :)

That is interesting. I really want to get the best out of them, just trying to figure the best way of doing that.

I have the full spectrum, reds, 4 dif blues, uvs etc. I think it is from the higher par. My par is much higher now so they do not need to stretch or grow wider to absorb light

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk