• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

what is this?

i have MILLIONS of these little curly twigs growing off of my frogspawn branches and now all of my live rock, intakes, uv sterilizer you name it its growing..
originally though it was baby frogspawn but the two colonies i have are all doing the bubble split.. so i'm not sure
thanks for your help guys

Attachments

• 4-74D5F395-1722991-800.jpg
    4-74D5F395-1722991-800.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 38

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Could you post a pic of them on the overflow or rock work? They could possibly be vermetid snails, did you ever notice what look like spider webs coming from the tubes? If not, they could be small feather dusters.

See if you can get another picture.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Vermetids are a nuissance IMO. I have a bunch of them too and I just recently started breaking them off with a scalpal blade and trashing them. Their webs start bothering neighboring corals so out they go.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I must have spent a good hour or two removing all of them from the few pieces of rock I had in my Biocube. Anytime a see one pop up, out it comes!