• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What is your Favorite Foods

Chicken parm, pasta, chicken breast, oh wait for our fish:)

9supra recommended Formula 4, which my fish absolutely love!

What I do is I feed every other day and I alternate what I feed on those days.
The types include:

formula 4, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, cyclopeeze, and if I'm walking by the tank or feel like seeing all my fish come out of hiding I'll drop in a few pellets.

I add vita-chem to the food to give the fish vitamins when feeding the brine, I also have a microvore microdiet which I feed to the corals.

I began spot feeding some corals with the formula 4 and mysis and noticed they seem to be growing and more colorful than before.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Fish foods: Rods Reef and PE mysis
Coral foods: Zeo Coral Vitalizer, Oyster Eggs, Zeo Pohl Extra and Brightwell Aminos

I want to give the Fauna Marine LPS food a shot, the pictures from Cherry Corals are insane and I have a bunch of favia, acans, and chalices I would like to feed more.

70% Rod's food - Nori and the general seafood mix. The fish go nuts over it and it goes a long way. Great for the RBTA as well. I soak it and drain it to remove phosphate

30% formula 4 flakes, alternating between green and standard

I heard somewhere (I think a Macna speaker) say it is not good to make a sudden change off of one type of food to a completely type (like flake to frozen). Just some food for thought. Har har har on the bad pun

I make my own food. From grocery store I get fresh clam, squid, scallop, fish, mussel,and an other shellfish. ! or 2 of each then blend up in food processor. I then add a little garlic, mysis shrip, phyto, and frozen rotifers or cyclops. Put in freezer bag. Flatten and freeze. Then 2-3 times a week I break off a small pieces dissolve in RO DI water and feed. All other days I use pellets. Water stays much cleaner.

Scampi. you can also use your mix to refill the little cube packs so you have perfect sizes
of your own mix . One day when theses clowns move on to bigger food I will mix my own .

I feed my fish mysis every day. Along with nori and pelets.

For the coral I feed elos pro skimmer, elos omegas, kz coral vitalizer. I also dose pohls xtra. Coral seem to love it

My fish love PE Mysis , formula 1 pellets (well some of them), Nori, and live blackworks.
I add Oyster Feast from Ocean Nutrition for the corals, seems to make them grow faster.

Should I be feeding a sheet of nori everyday for my yellow and hippo tang?

I feel bad now I only feed every other day lol.

I dont feed a full sheet. I cut them wide enough for the clip to hold and about two or three inches down.. I do this everyday.