• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What kind of hermit is this?

I picked up a few of these at a local pet store last night. They were supposed to be blue leg hermits. I threw them in the QT tank last night when I got home. This morning I took a closer look at them, and they don't exactly look like Blue Legs. I don't want to unload marauders into my tank. Anybody know what kind on hermits these are?

CIMG4983.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They look like the hawaiian variety. Someone around the club had them as I recall. I don't know of any problems with them.

chaoscat said:
I picked up a few of these at a local pet store last night. They were supposed to be blue leg hermits. I threw them in the QT tank last night when I got home. This morning I took a closer look at them, and they don't exactly look like Blue Legs. I don't want to unload marauders into my tank. Anybody know what kind on hermits these are?

CIMG4983.jpg

Look like electric blue. I brought some in for the swap. They seemed to kill each other but were peaceful otherwise.

REEFLECTIONS said:
if you don't mind my asking, what vendor was that torch from? i NEED one.

Maybe Manhattan Reef? If you'd asked me a week ago, I might have remembered. I bought from at least a half dozen different booths, it all runs together now.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
chaoscat said:
REEFLECTIONS said:
if you don't mind my asking, what vendor was that torch from? i NEED one.

Maybe Manhattan Reef? If you'd asked me a week ago, I might have remembered. I bought from at least a half dozen different booths, it all runs together now.
Maybe it was Manhattan Aquariums.

Bob

All I remember is it was Manhattan somebody, with the really long tank and the narrow tall tank on the end. I only remember the Manhattan part because I was scooping the water out of his tank with a bucket at the end of the day. :p

I agree with everyone. Definately Electric blue. Just know that they get pretty large for a hermit compared to the bluelegs and scarlet. Probably not the best choice if you have delicate coral in the tank. they will most likely crawl all over then and damage the coral.

Harry