• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What kind of water does everyone use?

I've just finished building my stand and tank. Getting ready to fill my tank this week. I was just curious about what to do about water. This is my first tank, is it worth it for me to buy a RO setup? Should i just buy RO water from my LFS? Any other options available?

depends on the size of your tank.. I use distilled water since I only do 3 gallon WC's a week... I would have to say if you need more then 5 gallons of water regularly an RO/DI is your best bet.. many people have done fine with units from Ebay..

I would get a ro/di .I did not at first and regret it . I found that having water right there has made me do more frequent water changes because of convienence . I know just fill up a few 5 gallon jugs and make salt water right after a change so its sitting there. This way whenever I get a chance its ready to go .
If you plan on staying in the hobby it will end up saving you a bunch of monry in the long run . I also have an a/w/ice unit .