• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

what light should I buy

john -

if you are going to get something from PA - you might want to wait for our group buy. But more importantly you should sign up for membership.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
T5s over PCs is a BIG improvement. I would definitely stay away from PCs.

as previously stated, you might pay a little less for the pc fixture, but bulbs will need to be replaced every 6 months like clock work rather that 1 - 1 1/2 years..... and i think the bulbs might cost more.... you will spend more in the end

I will be buying that light that magic showed the link to. Next step to build a sump and figure out if I will be using my protein skimmer or buying a new one. thanks guys John

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
REEFLECTIONS said:
as previously stated, you might pay a little less for the pc fixture, but bulbs will need to be replaced every 6 months like clock work rather that 1 - 1 1/2 years..... and i think the bulbs might cost more.... you will spend more in the end
The T5 fixture is actually cheaper!

Bob

yes I saw that. thanks again everyone. I will be posting soon about protein skimmers I have one but want to make sure it is good enough (have to remember where I put it though ::)) thanks again John