• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What nano cube system do you guys prefer

http://www.nano-reef.com/ is another site.
Sorry I was sort of slow responding (sure you missed me :p)
I had a 24G AP, wouldn't say it was the totally best nano but was pretty decent.
I think if I had it to do again I might go for a 30G cube, just for the skimmer/sump option. All the nano skimmers stink for the most part. PLEASE don't buy a nano fission. Water changes will take care of most your needs in an all in one. Modifying the back chamber for a fuge is the way to go IMHO.

MH and CP are both crummy choices for all in one tanks due to heat. If you can do a T5 or even LED mod that would be great. I had a lot of temp. fluctuation in the tank. I would say that was my single biggest problem.
They do make the very small drop in chillers(go right in the fan slot) that would be a must I think if you go with MH.

Thanks for the sites JR and Vangvace, they are very helpful.
I see what you mean about the Heat issue JR, I never realized how many options there are out there.
and how many MODS can be done to a nano all-in-one LOL this should be fun!!

Gene

I have an Aquapod. I like it. I moded the back into a refugium with 10 reverse cycle LED's in the canopy. they could of used the space more efficiently in the filter compartment. 2/3rds of the bottom portion are unused. And it didn't skim the water surface very well until i moded that too, but My setup is doing great. But, I read alot of good things about the Oceanic bio cubes. The rear "sump" is layed out better, with better use of the space. And the sell a seperate nano skimmer that fits rite in the back.

I see you have been pointed in the right direction already.

I will just add that I started with a JBJ NC 12DX and it still runs to this day. Depending on what you plan to keep ( I see you said mainly softies ) there are aftermarket mods/parts available for most of the popular AIO's out there.

I would agree that a skimmer is really not necessary with a nano if WC's are done regularly. Also for the softies you seek to house, minimal, if any, mods are needed. Most of these AIO's mentioned will do fine out of the box.

Take a nano-cube 12 for instance, I would suggest swapping out the pump for a MJ900 and save the stock pump for mixing your water.
The stock pump is a bit inefficient and adds unwanted heat to our small tanks. There are also several ways to set up the rear chambers, again depending on what you like to keep.

But other than that, the stock system should do fine by you.

For now that is.........

You will want more, bigger, better as time goes on. Its a drug, its unavoidable. It sucks you in like no other hobby I have ever started.

Have fun, keep reading here and on Nano-reef and enjoy.

Good luck with your nano. :)

I know about the addiction needreeffunds LOL I have a larger system but there is something about a small system that is just so cool.
Thanks for the links Uncko, there ARE a lot of ways of setting the nano up and that is part of the fun.

Thanks for all the help guys.

gene

there is a store in roselle park. it is under remodeling . they have a beautifull nano cube,fully stocked,with room for more. The guy told me like 200 bucks .He just wanted to get rid of it. The store is on the main street exit 137 I think. it is really nice and I think it is a great buy and a good set up.Worth price alone just for whats in it.

You can try the finnex 30G.. thats my dream nano - it has everything built in and is also available without the light so u can use your own. It would be my nano of choice for an AIO.

If not AIO, then you should go 30G breeder - the one that is 30" x 18" x 12" - they are great depth and dimensions.

Gene,long time no hear...glad yr still in the hobby..stop by when ya get a sec,I have a nano type tank and a small octogon type with stand..by the way I built a calfo"sorta-kinda" type of overflow for the 125...catcha later

I use the stock nano cube 12 gallon but recently in the process of doign the 24 and love it... Always used sponges only and water changes, just starting to use new thins like chemi pure and carbon etc.