• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What powerhead for two TFL reactors?

Hi - I have using a Maxijet 606 to push water through two TFJ reactors, but it conked out after after about three months. (surprisingly) Does anyone recommend anything better?

I bought it through a group buy from Premium Aquatics, so I need to try to track down the item list receipts if I want to take them up on the warrantee. Hate to spend time on something so darn small, but money is tighter then ever with the holidays arond the corner
Thanks

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The maxijet 606 is the one with the slide adjuster to control flow, right? If so, I think that is one of the recommended pumps to use with those reactors. They're not the greatest pumps in the world but I'd have to image you would get more than 3 months out of it.

As an alternative, is there anyway you could feed the reactor with flow from your return pump? For the cost of a few fittings, you could do away with another pump entirely. I don't remember your setup exactly but I think you may have room to be a little creative.

Good point about tapping into the return John.

In fact, I am about to replace my return and might even take it on today.

Then again, time is so tight that a few trips to HD is more costly then a $20 powerhead. Finding the right parts can be a headache.

I am wondering if anyone else is having trouble with MJ 606. I assume not as I would have heard.

I should correct my point of view on the maxijet 606. After a overnight vinegar soak, the powerhead fired back up, so I acknowledge I was premature to seek for alternatives.

In fact, maxijet's have always been very reliable and a very good value especially for running phosban reactors.

One less thing off my to do list!

I feed mine from valves off of my return line. Fewer pumps! It works OK but I get air in the feed lines, so a cople times a week I have to crank up the flow to push it through the reactors.