• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What type of Micro lens should I be looking for?

Hi Guys. I have a Sony cybershot (big 4.0 from 2003 with all of these fancy features). Good camera, I'm just not into all of the bells and whistles. I just take normal picks and it does the job well.

What type of micro lens should I be looking for??

Thanks,

Erik

check your filter thread size and then you can buy closeup filters in various magnifications,
that will just screw onto your lens.

erid said:
Hi Guys. I have a Sony cybershot (big 4.0 from 2003 with all of these fancy features). Good camera, I'm just not into all of the bells and whistles. I just take normal picks and it does the job well.

What type of micro lens should I be looking for??

Thanks,

Erik

If its a point-n-shoot--theres probably no lens that will fit---if it is an interchangeable type lens, then the choice varies on focal length and money--
ukman is right---if your camera has a interchangeable or fixed lens, the simplest/cheapest way would be to get the closeup filters---probably bout $15.-$20 bucks
once you've gained experience with the closeup filters, then you could move up to something better