• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What would be a nice size FOWLR tank?

What would be a nice sized FOWLR tank that would go nicely with a sump of 30gallons? Also, how would you stock it? Could groupers be kept?

Thanks,
Steve

Also what size tank would be needed for these fish:

Golden Dwarf Moray Eel
Humu Trigger
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
FlagTail Grouper
Hogfish (What type could stick up to this lot?)
Harlequin Tusk

Any problems could you see occurring?
What type of skimmer?
Could a 30g Sump support this?

SteveReef said:
Also what size tank would be needed for these fish:

Golden Dwarf Moray Eel
Humu Trigger
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
FlagTail Grouper
Hogfish (What type could stick up to this lot?)
Harlequin Tusk

Any problems could you see occurring?
What type of skimmer?
Could a 30g Sump support this?

I would get at least a 180G tank for all of those fish if you want to keep every one of them.

I might nix the grouper, also, since the Lion might be a snack for it (I've seen groupers kill lions before). Why not do a Marine Betta instead? Much more docile than the V-Tail groupers (which are really mean if you ask me).

For hogfish, any of the larger ones would work. I had a Cuban hog that I could've sold you for a cheaper price and he was about 5" long. They are my favorite of the hogs and would probably do very nicely in that tank.

How about this:

Fuzzy Dwarf Lion
Golden Dwarf Moray
Valentini Puffer
Spotted Puffer
Lyretail Hogfish
Harlequin Tusk

What size tank for that?

Notice, grouper and trigger have been switched for puffers.

What about this scenario:

Fuzzy Dwarf Lion
Golden Dwarf Moray
Valentini Puffer
Spotted Puffer
Lyretail Hogfish
Harlequin Tusk
Humu Trigger

Again, what size tank.

I think that a 120 would be fine for either of those set-ups.

You should put some hardy, easy corals, too. Maybe some star polyps or something that would look nice on the live rock and require little to no real upkeep.

If you go with this list:

Fuzzy Dwarf Lion
Golden Dwarf Moray
Valentini Puffer
Spotted Puffer
Lyretail Hogfish
Harlequin Tusk

You could probably get away with adding a dwarf angel or so. Or maybe a Bluejaw Trigger (or something like a Crosshatch or Sargassum Trigger -- reasonably sized and are peaceful like the Bluejaw).

You could add some small damsels if you skip the lion (or if you're ok with having them be snacks for the lion eventually!!!) to add some color and more motion to the tank.