• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Whats Going On Here

My Brain Got HUGE. Don't know why just seeing if anyone else might know. I have moved the plate since the pic was taken.

IMG-20120707-01383.jpg

mine looked like that when my nem stung it maybe the plate coral is too close

I have since seperated them. The only reason they got that close was my cucumber ate the sand from the one side of the brain and it kind of slid toward the plate. It stayed that way for a while. Looked like it was deflating slightly right before I turned the lights out.

I have a plate that inflates every night. Moves too. Always thought it was normal.

I have one that walks across my tank! Could be a sign of defense on the brain if the plate touched it. It should be ok. Mine puffs up huge when I feed it, or if I keep the lights lower.

Well I think it was on either the attack or defencive because it was back to normal today and I moved it to give it a little more breathing room and rather than deflating like normal corals do when you touch them it swelled up again. This time it deflated after about an hour so I think all is well again.

My Wells does that all the time. Has all its tentacles out and inflates to a huge size, then deflates on its own. I always thought it was a feeding thing.