• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Whats going on with me at Another reef forum

As some of u know I have been selling colonies n frags because i plan on moving my tank soon. Well.... I shipped a total of 14 coral sps packs between all the different sites, all shipped the same way and 3 went bad in transit. I think there were a total of 2 other corals dead in other packs, my purp bonsai didnt hold up well i guess.

Here is a pm from one of the buyers.

"I already pmd you with the list, 3 lived a satosa, orange digi, and the freebie green pro. Odd that it was a freebie though since i only got 10 corals and paid for 11.? I need to hear back from you soon Tozzi. Im not trying to be a rude or anything but this is how i see it. I paid you 170.00 for 11 frags i only recieved 10, all were dead but 3. So my thought is i will pay the 60.00 shipping you still put 50.00 in your pocket for the 3 that lived. but i think you should return the remaining balance of 60.00 to me. My paypal adress is XXXXXXXXXX I think that is very fair. Please reply to my soon i do not wish to take this any farther. Thanks "

So I gave a refund of 70, 10 more than he asked for because i felt bad, (i know how it is to get a doa) But now I get this pm from the same buyer

"Hey Tozzi the next place this is going is to you local forums. Please paypal me XXXXXXXXX the remainding balance of 100.00 that i feel you owe me. if i dont recieve the cash ill let everyone on your local forum know about how you scammed us. Monday morning by 9:00 you might want to pm me or its going up. And i will file the visa afidavit against you. Thanks"

Only reason im posting this bs is because i have met a lot of u n u know me. I always buy sell n trade on here and feel i have always had great transactions. just want u to know this is the type of stuff im dealing with over there. Everyone knows how it is. This band of 3 people started a seller feedback thread on me and it got real outta hand before i could even put up one post. So outta hand i just gave refunds (partial) and bowed out. Anyway thought id post about it before someone else did. Thanks Nick

And to my defense concerning the pm's above i shipped him 10 corals and did forget his pink bird. But i did give him a freebie for a total of 11. i Did realize this but it already shipped out so i didnt think it was a biggie.

Tough situation Nick. Weigh your options. Do what you think is right and best in the long run. I hope you can work it all out.

Nick, Dont take it personal,sometimes no matter what ya do,you cant make everyone happy.Good luck and I hope the rest goes well for you.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Here is my take on it. Take it as you may. It's a shame that the corals died. SPS corals are very hard to keep let alone ship.
But put your self in the other guys shoes would you want your money back? I know I would.

I know it stinks. But is the above pms right? Come on, he states 3 lived but still wants a full refund? And everyone is for it. I just find it wierd how these 3 boxes had so many probs and the other 11 did great. And for the record One of the other ones had survivors that he said " looks like they'll make it" in one of his pm's, wierd how thats never mentioned. I think im just under the mob thats riding the bandwagon on this one. Smell of refund in the air and everyone trying to catch it

Ah like i said id rather post it first before someone else.

From what I have read the argument is with the shipping method. If you shipped as you stated you were going to then you have no problem. If not then you have a problem. If there is a misunderstanding then maybe it is best to suck it up and call this one a loss just to keep your good name. For a couple of hundred is it worth the aggravation it is causing?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Any feedback from the other forums? if you had positives there you could point them out

I haven't had the time or patience to read through that thread, but if there are only three,I'm with steamman, I would refund 100% call it a day and not allow more to jump on the bandwagon being it is late anyway. Good luck

There is plenty of + feedback on there, i linked it, it dont matter. I am giving full refunds now. Too late  for a rep there. Its dead to me for sales, ill still enjoy getting/giving advice there, there is alot of it

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nickjr000 said:
There is plenty of + feedback on there, i linked it, it dont matter. I am giving full refunds now. Too late for a rep there. Its dead to me for sales, ill still enjoy getting/giving advice there, there is alot of it
Hey nick.. Seen what was going on over there and that snowballed real fast but at the end of the day you know what is best.. good luck!

Sid

Sometimes the best intentions do not go as planned. Bottom line is if you have nothing else you have your good name. No one can take that away from you.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nickjr000 said:
Avalanche sid. Avalanche
Nick, Avalanche started with a **** storm if you really want to go there .. But it did make me laugh that someone thought i was going around deleting posts

All is good now, everyone got a refund and i lost some money. Im actually re-shipping to one of the people, how funny is that!