• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

When it rains it pours

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I know I have been AWAL but I been very busy with stuff. My stress keeps going up and right now I wish I had my tank to look at and relax in front of.

So work has been kicking my butt and each time I think I am catching up tons more gets dumped on my desk.

Soccer been going good but this NJ weather has been hurting our season. There a lot of changes going on there as well which is keeping me moving as well.

To top all of that off been dealing with issues at my mom's house.
With all of us in the house there are 6 of us. The house only have one true bathroom; my brother has a toliet in his room.
My mom been wanting to get her bathroom redone for awhile now (about 10 years ago she had it done and the guy screwed her over). She decided to contact one of those large flooring company. She told them it had to be a 1 day job because of all the people in the house needing the bathroom. It took them awhile to get the supplies in. The morning they were slated to come my brother and I took the toliet out. They came took up the tile to discovered the subfloor was shot. They told my mom who then said well ok fix it. They told her they don't do subfloors they she needs to get someone else to do it and call them when it was fix. I have friends who do construction so I called one of them. It took him about 4 or so days but came out, looked at it, and after pulling out the subfloor, sistering some joits, and putting new subfloor down he said it was good to go. My mom called the flooring comapny the next day. They told her that it would be a week from monday before they could get out. She said no way need it sooner. They came back with next Tuesday (so a week) and my mom said nope sooner. They finally came back and said Saturday. She figured she pushed her luck so said ok to Saturday. They came out Saturday and looked at the room. They contiuned to say they still couldn't do the job cause the subfloor wasn't done 'right' . I don't by that I think it just would had been more work for them. My mom lost it one them and told them they were done and to give her money back to my shocked the agree to with no issues. I called my buddy back and told him what happen. He got his tile guy schedule (not sure when yet but he said this week) to handle it. I took my mom out today to pickup the tile so its here ready for the guy. It been about 3 weeks now where all 6 of us been using my brother's toliet. Lucky the shower is still useable or I would had to take my family to a hotel or something.

To top it off on Saturday my iMac (which was a handy down from my brother) finally died on me. This was my home computer where I did all my work from home on. I wasn't too upset because the iMac is like 8 years old and I knew I was pushing it. I did pick up a new Macbook Pro which I am liking cause now I can move around the house and not be tied to the counter the iMac was on.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
That Surely sux but get it. I had a house fire many years ago and the guys would never Show up. The toilet they put in kept leaking, 3 times. I hired a local plumber have the 1st guys the bill. There were too many issues to list.
Good luck.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear about the troubles James!! Hoping everything gets resolved quickly!