• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Where to buy a large glass tank?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Agreed. Tropiquarium ;) is a great place for a tank/stand buy if you're looking to buy new. Been in there a few times where I've been tempted to purchase a tank/stand just because of the price.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Aqueon or marine land may not have 8-foot tanks so you might have to order from glasscages. If you have the $$$$ there are plenty of places will custom make your tank and install it wherever you want it.

I think the largest that Mainland and Aqueon make is slightly smaller, 84x24x30. So if you must have that extra foot then custom is most likely your only choice.

So, I took a drive up to Trop yesterday. They no longer give quotes for custom tanks. They wrote some guys name down with a 800 number and advised me to call him for a quote. They really should update their webpage. Anyway, today I requested a quote from customaquariums.com.

I had coast to coast custom aquariums build me my tank and stand. The best! Plus they are fairly local so I just went and picked them up. Saved myself tons in shipping charges.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I have seen matts tank and a bunch of other coast to coast aquariums. They are very well built tanks. They may be a little expensive but with custom tanks you really do get what you pay for. And like Matt stated with them being in jersey you save a good amount on shipping if you have the ability to pick it up from them. Definitely give them a call to get a quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk