• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

where to buy the sicce pump

hi everyone,
I recently replace my skimmer Eheim 1260 pump due to it leak. one of the o-ring busted. I replaced it with currently owe (save $$) bubble blaster 5000 pump. the pump is the beast for my skimmer. the skimmer run at wide open at outlet and some air restriction but till overflow. I think the pump is way too strong for my skimmer. I am reading and hunting for a Sicce PSK 1000 pump but all places (marine depot, saltysupply, petstore) are all out of stock.
anyone know where can I buy it either locally or online?
please help
Olivier

Olivier

You should just get an O ring. for the Ehiem.

But, if you really want one, I have a Sicci you can try and if you like it "buy" it. I think maybe we could work out a trade! ;)

I've found Siccis need a fairly large body to work right.

Bax,
this come in handy. what model is your sicci pump? i hear the psk 2500 is quite noisy. hope you get something different like psk 1000 :). I am a skinny guy thus small body not large j/k. however the body of my deltec skimmer is large. i think it is 7-8" in diameter. model is deltec ap 851. base on the spec, the body is 200mm which approximately 7.87xxxx" :). the part of me to go away from eheim is that the noise and the electric draw
what is your recommendation Mr. Skimmer Expert?

I have a psk 2500 I run one on an ASM G4 and at 9" diameter it is a bit small but still a OK skimmer. WHat would rock that 7-8" body is two psk 2500s one on recirc one on feed & skim.

Maybe we can swap for your BB 5000!

All that said, if Deltec thought the 1260 was the way to go, I wouldn't change it. Orings have to be available somewhere!