• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

where to find large water containers

burrito

NJRC Member
anyone know somewhere local(ish) to central NJ that sells 50 or 60g water containers, i want to make a water mixing station in my basement and start auto water changes but shipping on these things (norwesco) is killer.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Yes look at Craigslist first. You might want to give Monmouth Feed Supply a call if you want new.

Grabbed my pair of 65 gallon containers from Tractor Supply world. You can actually call the local store and they will order whatever they can get you just have to pick it up.

burrito

NJRC Member
Thanks everyone, i'll try tractor supply, theres apparently 2 near me, benefit of living nears farmland i guess. Ruralking doesn't do free anymore, i guess the salt community overwhelmed them. anyone have pictures or tips for mixing stations?

my goal is to have something like 40-60g of saltwater on hand which will be used to supply my 100g with automatic water changes (if i can figure out how to route the water to the tank) and have rodi in the other container filled and ready to replenish the salt every 6 weeks or so when i make a new batch and have for my ato(dont want to auto fill that though)

This is my setup. Top is RODI water, bottom is salt. I let gravity feed the salt, about every 2 weeks and then I just refill the RODI. Both are 65 gallons

Attachments

• IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
Have any more pictures of this setup?

There really is nothing to it, I use the Apex DOS for the AWC control. That is in my garage, 1 wall is where my tank is the other is my laundry room sink. Easy to make water, dump water and get fresh salt to the tank. Nothing too complicated really.